Friday, July 31, 2009

How To Remove Mold From Walls

By Brian Barker

To say the least, mold is very annoying. You will find that it grows in some of the most inconvenient places, them worst of these being the walls. If you look closely at your house you will find that the walls make up a very significant part of the entire thing. They are the first thing that people see when they come into your house, and if they happen to be covered with mold then the entire image is ruined.

Mold can grow for a variety of reasons, one of these being moisture buildup in the air. Once this happens it can be difficult to get rid of, but not entirely impossible. All you have to do is use a little bit of ingenuity, and try to avoid scraping your walls with a putty knife because in the end that will do more harm than good.

What you need to do is create a solution of bleach, laundry detergent, and hot water. This is the way to do it by yourself. Now you should know that you can go out and buy a commercial mildewcide to take care of your problem but youll find that it costs quite a bit more than actually mixing it yourself. If you dont want to mix it yourself though, purchasing a pre-made solution is definitely the way to go.

The next step involves you using a plastic sponge and dipping it into the solution, and gently scrubbing the wall starting from the base and working your way up. Continue this until you see the mold vanishing. You want to visit every wall in your house that has this problem, and give them all a good but gentle scrubbing using as much of the solution as needed.

Next, use a plastic sponge, dip it into the solution, and begin scrubbing the walls that have mold on them. Start from the base of the wall, and work your way up. Continue scrubbing until the mold has dissolved, and repeat this procedure on every wall in your home that has mold on it, using as much of the solution that you need.

Now that you are done with that, you need to think about a way to prevent it from happening for the foreseeable future. The best way to do this is to purchase some paint that has anti-mildew properties. Its possible that youve never heard of this but you can actually buy this paint at most hardware stores. Get enough of it to cover your house and get to work repainting. Yes repainting is a pain, but just think of how much time and money you will save when you prevent mildew from growing on your walls again.

Yes, painting is laborious, but think of the time, hassle, and money you will save yourself with not having to deal with mold on your walls again. Ridding of mold on your walls can be a simple do-it-yourself job. Make sure you take the measures of keeping it away to maintain a clean and healthy household and prevent the ugly embarrassment of having it on your walls.

About the Author:

1 comment:

Brad Miller said...

This was indeed very interesting. A big help actually for home owners. This is really frustrating to have these dirt and molds eating your homes slowly. You badly need like the New York mold inspections team to totally get rid of it. Aside from being clean, health considerations are also an issue since this could affect any of the family members.